What causes sudden sharp pain below the shoulder blades and shortness of breath?
Can be a muscular spasm.
Thanks for posting your query.
The sharp and sudden pain below the shoulder blades can be a muscular pain. It can happen due to a muscle spasm or a wrong posture. To relieve the pain it is best to avoid using a pillow and do a hot compress in the area. You can apply a local analgesic gel on the area for earlier relief. In case the persistent then do consult your physician and get oral muscle relaxants prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What causes sharp pain between left shoulder blade and spine
- Sharp pain in shoulder blade
- What causes sharp pain in middle of left shoulder
- What causes sharp pain in wrist