What causes sudden severe dizziness and gas?
gas will not cause giddiness.
Hi and welcome to healtcaremagic,
Gas in the stomach will never cause vertigo.
Dizziness can be caused by diseases of the ear or of the brain.
Diseases of the brain causing vertigo are haemorrhage or interrupted blood supply to the cerebellum (area of the brain associated with balance) , tumors of the brain, multiple sclerosis, acoustic neuroma.
Diseases of the ear like BPPV ( benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), Meniere's disease, labyrynthitis can also produce vertigo. It is usually associated with nausea and vomiting.
In general diseases of the ear are the commonest causes of vertigo of which BPPV is the most common cause.
Central vertigo is common in the elderly and has to be ruled out in your case.
Please see a doctor to come to a diagnosis. You may require CT or MRI of the brain.
Till then be very careful, falls are very common in people with vertigo.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi MS ENT
I would like a refund for the 15.00.
contact customer support...
I am sorry I was not able to help you. Please mail customer support team at YYYY@YYYY for the needful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe dizziness when on crystal meth injections
- What is the treatment for severe dizziness and tiredness
- What causes severe dizziness and nausea
- Cspinal stenosis cause severe dizzy spells
- What could cause severe dizziness
- Sudden severe dizziness symtom
- Severe dizziness causes
- What causes severe dizziness after a concussion
- What causes acute severe dizziness
- Sudden onset of severe dizziness causing vomiting