What causes sudden profuse sweating, dizziness and tiredness while treating heart disease?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Take medications for heart afib, biood pressure, blood thinning,acid reflux. Also drink alcohol every day. 66 years old. At church service had to leave because of sudden profuse sweating and dizziness and tiredness. Thoughts?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that it is important performing a comprehensive differential diagnosis between different causes that may lead to this clinical situation: a cardiac arrhythmia, low blood pressure, low blood glucose, etc..

For this reason I would recommend going to the ER and performing some tests:

- a resting ECG and cardiac enzymes
- a chest X-ray study
- an arterial blood gas analysis
- NT pro BNP levels and a cardiac ultrasound
- complete blood count
- fasting glucose
- INR levels.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri