What causes sudden pressure in the frontal lobe portion of the head?

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: My 16 year old son experienced sudden pressure in frontal lobe portion of his head. He described it as pressure and tightness and a little dizzy. Lasts about 8 seconds and goes away and comes back in less than a minute. Happened 5 times in 10 minutes. What could this be.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis: Stress headache

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

The location and characteristics of the head ache are suggestive of stress/tension headache. He can take Advil 400 mg up to 4 times to help relieve the pain. Also try relaxation techniques like exercise or yoga to relieve stress.
If the headache worsens or he develops other symptoms like vision problems, vomiting, early morning headache, fever, please be advised to follow up with primary provider.

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana