What causes sudden pain in ribs and vertiginous headache?
I am experiencing rib pain, on one side that came on quite suddenly about 5 days ago. I did not to my recollection incurs myself. The ribs themselves do not seem to be hurt rather the muscles around a section of the ribs. I also have had a vertiginous headache that started three days ago.
I was bitten by tick larvae 1 week ago. I visited the doctor and a nymph was removed from the bite site. The bite site has since healed well. No rash. Is the slight malaise, vertiginous headache and strange rib pain related to that. I sense that it is. When doc removed tick 4 days ago I felt fine.
Hello - is this question being worked on?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. pain in rib site when tick larva bit followed by nymph drainage must hurt for a while despite full healing from outside. I would suggest nothing to worry about. Just take some tylenol for the pain, if you have soem bowel troubles in past like acid reflux or gastritis that may also mimic rib pain or just below ribs and in that case you will need some pepto and diet and lifestyle modifications.
Nutshell, pain killers, supportive care and if the issue persists despite that for mroe than 5 days, get a reassessment for other possibilities for this pain.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain below the ribs
- Drugs/medication for Vertiginous headache
- Diagnosis of Vertiginous headache
- Sinus headache back and belly pain behind ribs cause
- What causes rib pain and soreness
- What causes headache and pain under my rib cage
- What cause sudden rib pain under the left arm
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What causes barping and pain below the ribs and fever
- What causes headache and throat pain