What causes sudden pain in left-sided abdomen near the hip while urinating?
Urinary infection should be ruled out.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
According to your information, it is suggestive of Urinary Tract Infection. One routine urine analysis including culture test will be worthwhile to confirm the diagnosis.
Some other causes could be indigestion problem, constipation, colitis etc. Do one clinical examination by your doctor.
TREATMENT: I suggest to take one course of ANTIBIOTIC (like Ciprofloxacin) & URINE ALKALISER (to be taken with water). It will help to control urine infection.
Some other investigations may be required according to clinical examination and urine test report.
PREVENTION: You must drink plenty of water (2.5 to 3 lit/ day) to flush out the body toxin, take cranberry juice (one glass) regularly, maintain genital hygiene properly, empty bladder in time, avoid unprotected sex (if you are sexually active) and wear clean-cotton underwear only.
Hope, it helps for your information. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a pain in right hip
- What causes hip pain on standing
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What causes frequent urination and sharp pain above hips
- What is causing severe pain near hip bones during pregnancy
- What causes headache pain in hip and shaking
- What is causing tender back pain and soreness in hip
- Developed pain in hip what could be causing this
- What causes pain in lower hip