What causes sudden pain below the ear?
Seems to be cervical lymphadenitis.
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having pain below the ear. I would like to ask you few more details.
Is there any throat pain or cough or sinus infection ?
Is it bilateral (both sided) ?
Kindly get back to me with the details.
Based on your clinical details, it appears to be cervical lymphadenitis secondary to throat infection or acute parotitis (parotid gland inflammation).
I suggest you to to consult ent surgeon and get evaluated with detailed ent examination. you may require a course of antibiotics.
Mean time, you can start simple anti inflammatory drugs like tab. brufen (over the counter) 400 mg twice daily.
Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest sinusitis medication that can be taken when suffering from ...
- What causes a small lump behind breast implant muscle?
- What is the cause and treatment for dry cough?
- Suggest treatment for vibrations in ear
- Suggest remedy for motion sickness and irritated sinuses
- Suggest treatment for hearing loss in a diabetes patient
- What causes ear pain?
- Suggest treatment for stiff neck, pain in back and headaches
- What causes lump inside throat?
- Suggest treatment for hoarseness in voice