What causes sudden onset of saddle numbness, tingling behind the legs and feet?
Make sure Caude equina syndrome (CES) is ruled out
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I would like to make sure the following conditions have been ruled out:
+Spinal abnormalities (through an MRI spine)
+Stroke (through an MRI of your brain)
+Doppler ultrasound of your neck
+Cauda equina syndrome (one very important cause that needs adequate ruling out)
These are some of the most common causes for such a presentation and I would like you to make sure all of them are adequately ruled out. Please discuss them with your physician and also bring in an orthopaedic specialist.
If you could also share with me all the investigations performed and all the conditions that have been ruled out by your doctor, I can help you in a better way. I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- Does meth cause numbness and tingling in feet
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What causes a tingling numbness in chin and lips
- What causes numbness and tingling in thumb
- Numbing tingling legs and feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms