What causes sudden onset of pain in the right side of the abdomen?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: Sudden onset of abdominal pain on right side and an infection sac on my arm. First drain today, about 8 hours ago but still lots of puss to come out of arm but too solid to ooze it out. The sudden ab pain is very painful.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Pain in the right side of the abdomen could be due to Appendicitis, Right sided kidney stone,Gall bladder stone etc.Ultrasound abdomen will give a clue. Till investigation, I prescribe anti spasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine to my patients with pain abdomen.
Even after incision,pus may be collected in the abscess cavity.Appropriate antibiotics have to be given.I prescribe Antibiotic Linezolid 600mg twice daily, Anti inflammatory tablet to my patients with similar complaints. Daily cleaning and dressing should be done.
Wound should be covered.
Nothing to worry.
You should consult your doctor and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng