What causes sudden onset of headache?
Provide more clinical details regarding headache
Hello XXXXX, Welcome back to HCM,
I have gone through your question and previous discussion with other doctors.
Headache and neck pain without any other deficit and normal imaging requires treatment on lines of primary headache.
You should provide more clinical details of headache :
1) location of headache, unilateral or bilateral
2) severity of pain
3) Onset , duration and rate
4) nature of headache, bursting, throbbing, piercing
5) Associated nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to sound and light
6) Aggravating or relieving factors
7) any fever, ear discharge, seizures, loss of consciousness, visual loss,
Meningitis is usually associated with other features with neck stiffness, fever, vomiting.
If nothing is present in imaging then possibility of meningitis is very unlikely.
CSF study is required to rule out meningitis but not required according to me.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me with details.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden headache causes
- What causes sudden throbbing headaches
- Cold sweat and sudden onset headache
- Sudden, severe headache causes
- Sudden onset headache and lightheadedness
- Sudden onset headache
- What is the cause for sudden headache and blurry vision
- What causes headaches
- What causes sudden fainting followed by headache and nausea
- Sudden onset headache in 4 yr old