What causes sudden onset of dizziness?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I went to bed last night and the same when I got up this morning and it felt seemed as if objects were spinning slightly as I tried to focus...I have only experienced this last night but just has me worried, now that I'm up I'm fine but is there something to worry here?, I'm 24 no other symptoms
As well I am a 24 year old Female..
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
If it has occurred once, no need to worry. Rule out anaemia and hypoglycemia

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.
Did you had a similar episode in the past or is this the first time.
I would like to know, does it occur in any specific head position.
Do you have any ear infection ( present or past)
Is there any irregularities in Menstrual cycle, are they heavy or irregular.
Did you had proper food in the night, did you drink alcohol.

As you don't have any episode now, I don't think you need to worry about it. But it would be worthwhile to test for random blood sugar and haemoglobin estimation to rule out hypoglycemia and anaemia.

However if the symptoms are recurring, please visit an ENT specialist to check for middle ear and inner ear concerns.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Many thanks for your help with my question.. I am suffering with a headache this morning but the feeling that things are moving has calmed down, this is the first time I have experienced this and I feel tired, I found it more when I was lying down in bed then turned into my side. menstrual cycle is normal and no alcohol was consumed.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry, you are fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for getting back to us.
Based on the information provided be you, I feel there is nothing to worry.
But you can check your blood sugar and haemoglobin estimation.
Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 7 hours later
Thank you I'm just so concerned iv had a headache all day the light headedness has gone off slightly il just have to see how I am tomorrow. Is this a common problem?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relax, you are fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I don't think it is anything serious, I would suggest you to check blood sugar and haemoglobin once.
Hope this helps.