What causes sudden onset of confusion in an elderly person?
She must be taken to a Neurologist.
As she had acute onset confusion, she must immediately be taken to a neurologist and examined. She might need a complete blood work(especially serum electrolytes, blood sugar, liver function tests, kidney function tests and calcium) as well as a brain imaging(MRI) to look for any intracranial abnormality.
First and foremost, is the need of a physical examination by a neurologist.
Dr. Ajay Panwar,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of sudden mental confusion
- What causes psychopathic personality
- Causes of sudden onset stuttering
- What causes confusion and numbness
- What causes a person to be hot
- What causes a person to be sleepy
- Sudden onset numbness causes
- What causes dizziness and confusion
- Causes of sudden onset dizziness
- What causes sudden onset of double vision