What causes sudden numbness on thighs?

Posted on Wed, 19 Nov 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: What is the cause od abrubt onset of upper front thigh numb?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In most cases, no cause is identified!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this numb. The most common cause of this symptom is never really identified. Most of these are transient observations and usually regress spontaneously without medical intervention.

I will recommend that you monitor this over days and see whether it persists or not. If it does, then we would need a more detailed neurological examination and testing to tell which nerve is affected and what the nature of the lesion is. There is no need to panic just now. Be calm and relaxed and we would walk through this together.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thanks. I have MVP. I also experienced svt about a month ago. I have a knot on the side of my neck. Though to be an enlarged cervical lymph node when I went to the dr. About a week ago. Was given antibiotics but it didnt go away. I am also experiencing left ankle swelling for the last few days. Any idea if this is all related or what any of it could be?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
They seem not to be related!

Detailed Answer:

These symptoms cannot be possibly explained by a single disease process. For the lump suspected to be a swollen lymph node, blind treatment in most cases with antibiotics would not always be very helpful as it has several causes and infection is just one of the possibilities. How big is this lymph node and for how long has it been there? Does it cause any pain?

Just one ankle and not both swelling is often associated with local causes. I will really suggest that you go in and get fully examined by a physician because fro a distance these symptoms alone are not unifying. Probably, we would need to obtain more information either through examination and or testing in order to be able to advance on this.

I hope that this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah