What causes sudden numbness in the face?

Question
My wife has sudden feelings of numbness in left side of face/head. Left eye droops. Feels like shes going to die. Then it goes away.?? 3 times in 2 weeks ??
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Transient ischemic attacks

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but since your symptoms can be suggestive of a condition called transient ischemic attacks which means that a part of your brain has a temporary difficient blood supply, it is important that she gets a CTA scan to asses the condition of brain blood vessels and a carotid ultrasonography to exclude carotid artery blood clots.. Early diagnosis and treatement is very important as transient ischemic attacks are a warning sign of a possible stroke in the future.. I hope you find this helpful ..