What causes sudden memory loss for few hours?
please suggest what to do
Suggestive of minor brain stroke.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted the symptoms of your grandfather and they are suggestive of minor brain stroke. In this condition, the blood supply to a part of brain gets reduced, resulting in loss of function of that organ. This is also called as TIA- transient ischemic attack. In this case, he probably suffered from TGA-transient global amnesia, where there is memory loss for some time.
He should undergo MRI with angiogram of brain. Also, he should be screened for risk factors such as sugar, BP, cholesterol, XXXXXXX
Aspirin tablets would be helpful in prevention of recurrence of strokes in future.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD FM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden memory loss and confusion
- Experienced sudden memory loss what is the reason
- What are the causes and treatment for memory loss
- Treatment and cure for sudden memory loss
- Symptoms of sudden memory loss
- Drugs/medication for sudden memory loss
- Diagnosis of sudden memory loss
- What causes memory loss in asperger people
- Sudden memory loss disorientation headache pain in ribs
- Sudden memory loss causes