What causes sudden jump in heart rate, headache, chest discomfort and jaw pain?
Do get it evaluated by a doctor , Ekg, holter monitoring and thyroid statu
Hello , considering your age if you can accurately differentiate that the pulse jumps all of a sudden , than it points towards some form of supra ventricular tachycardia.
It may sound scary however with accurate diagnosis, which would be good enough by an ecg during the episode , and a simple medication should take care of it . Let me assure you that's it's not life threatening and will not make any difference in your healthy active life , however at the same time it should be evaluated
So a visit to the ER during the episode , or a 24 hour holter monitoring if the episodes occur everyday where the can get ecg monitoring for 24 hours of duration is a good alternative .
Anxiety and other forms a plain increase in heart rate because of exercises will not increase your heart rate to more than 200 .
Thyroid evaluation should be considered.
Also do let me know any parts of history which may be relevant like are you any medication , stimulants , alcohol or nicotine to be with .
Do upload the ecg when done so I can interpret it for you and help you with further course of action .
Hoping I could help.
Let me know if any clarification needed and I would be happy to clarify .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Jaw pain causes
- What is the cause and treatment for jaw pain
- Bilateral jaw pain causes
- Hemochromatosis rapid heart rate chest discomfort
- Lower jaw pain causes
- Heart palpitations and headache and jaw pain
- What is the cause of having lower jaw pain
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- Experiencing numbness in mouth headache and jaw pain cause
- Suggest remedy for atrial fibrillation and flutters after suffering from...
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes stabbing pain in chest radiating to back in a BP patient?
- Are BNP and pro-BNP values indicative of heart failure?
- Suggest treatment for vascular dehydration
- Is taking an overdose of Vyvanse fatal?
- What causes discomfort in chest, periods of breathlessness and anxiety?
- Suggest treatment for persistent premature ventricular contractions
- Suggest treatment for moderate LVSD
- What does my ECG test report indicate?