What causes sudden increase in heart rate?
I would recommend peforming some tests:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to different causes: anxiety, chronic anemia, thyroid dysfunction, an electrolyte imbalance or a cardiac arrhythmia.
Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your doctor for a careful physical exam and some tests:
- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound
- a chest X Ray study
- a 24-48 hours ECG monitoring would help examine your heart rhythm trends for a prolonged time
- thyroid hormone levels
- complete blood count
- blood electrolytes.
If all these tests result normal, you should consider anxiety as the main cause of your symptoms.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Feel free to ask me again whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes involuntary increase in heart rate
- What could be the cause of increased heart rate
- Increased heart rate causes
- Sudden hot flash and increase in heart rate cause
- Increase in resting heart rate cause
- What causes increased heart rate and palpitations
- Foods that cause heart rate increase
- What causes anxiety with increased heart rate
- What causes increased heart rates while on inderal
- What could cause increased heart rate in the night
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?