What causes sudden increase blood pressure walking and exercising?
Past 4 days seems higher than usual
Not overweight.have exercised much more last 7 days
From 115/77 to 140/96
Also heart rate higher
I have excellent health habits but I am under more stress. 74 years young
Have been walking and exercising more lately.
Normal to have increased blood pressure&heart rate when exercising...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
It is perfectly normal to experience increased blood pressure and heart beats when exercising or you are over stressed.
There is no need to start medications right now, just continue with the healthy lifestyle and diet regimen you have been following till now.
I advise to monitor your bp for a couple of weeks on daily basis and during/after exercising. If bp and heart rate (hr) will persist to be high, then, should discuss with your doctor to start betablockers to normalize hr and bp.
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes misreadings of blood pressure
- What causes systolic blood pressure
- Increase in blood pressure causes
- Causes for sudden spike in blood pressure
- Will ambien cause increase in blood pressure
- Increased blood pressure cause itching
- What causes low blood pressure
- What could be the cause for increasing blood pressure
- What causes sudden spikes in blood pressure
- What causes an increase in blood pressure after an hour