What causes sudden immobility in arm after waking up?
It is safer to take aspirin
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your details. It is difficult to ascertain the exact cause of transient weakness of arm. However, we should consider mini-stroke as one of the likely diagnosis.
It is safer to start aspirin tablets to prevent stroke.
At the same time, you should undergo an MRI brain and blood tests (for sugar, cholesterol and homocysteine) to evaluate your risk of stroke in future.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling in arm
- What causes arms to wither
- What causes sudden bumps on childs arms
- What causes tingling in arm
- What causes petechial spots after scratching on arms
- What could cause discoloration in arms after waxing
- What causes redness in arms after injecting heroin
- What are the causes of arm weakness
- What is the cause of arm soreness after previous injury
- Sudden weakness in arms what is causing this feeling