What causes sudden fatigue, sharp shoulder blades pain, eye pressure and pain?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I am female, 60 years old and in general good health. I am overweight 165 lbs and 5'4". I had an episode yesterday that has me concerned. Out of nowhere my temperature shot up, suffered extreme eye pain pressure behind both eyes and sudden fatigue. After a few minutes my entire body core was cramping and sharp pain between my shoulder blades. We went straight home laid down and cooled my body down. I fell asleep for an hour or so and I felt weak but better when I woke up. How concerned should I be?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unless it happens again, do not be too worried. For now, monitor!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this series of abnormal symptoms you experienced. I have reviewed them fully and they are not very suggestive for any specific disease condition. If this is the first time it happened and there are no more symptoms, then i will recommend you stay calm and only observe. Not all symptoms are related to a disease and what gives more meaning to atypical symptoms is whether they happen repeatedly or not.

For a one time occurrence, be calm and monitor to see if it recurs. If it doesn't, there is no need to get concerned. If it does in future, then we would need to get you in for examination and possible investigations to look for clues for further investigations.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ivo Ditah