What causes sudden falling of the right nipple in an agoraphobia patient?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2016 in Mental Health
Question: My wife's right nipple has just fallen off. There's no bleeding, but she is in pain and shock. She has agoraphobia and high anxieties and hasn't left the house in six years. It's 2am and she will not go to the doctor. I've never heard of such a thing. What is going on?
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
should be examined by doctor for exact diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Sudden falling off nipple is unusual. There can be peeling of skin or inversion of nipple. Inverted nipple may be mistaken as fallen off. She should be examined by doctor for exact diagnosis.

She is already suffering from agoraphobia and anxiety disorder. You can give her anti anxiety medicine like xanax or klonopin for a while if she has been already prescribed the same for her problem and can go to doctor in morning. If you do not have such medicine and she is suffering more, you can take her to ER by convincing her.

I would like to comment about her treatment of anxiety disorder. Let me know which medications have been given until now for that with dose, duration and effectiveness.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar