What causes sudden fainting?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 23 Sep 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi, My 26 year sister feels dizzy twice a day. She suddenly fainted for a couple of minutes a few days ago. This has never happened before. What is the problem
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 3 minutes later
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

There are many reasons that can cause this issue and the most common causes are:
anemia
low blood pressure
But if she is sexually active she should exclude pregnancy.

All the best
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 minute later
She has had blood tests done for checking iron deficiency or sugar levels. Both were within normal ranges. Blood pressure was100/60 when she went to the doctor.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

If doctor have excluded that fainting is not a sign of anemia,hypoglicemia and hypotension,please ask IF sister remembers whether her conscience was saved when dropped.
If her conscience was saved ,don't worry.

Fainting with saved conscience have other many causes after we excluded the above causes .
These cause are:
inner ear
cold and flu
panic disorder
benign positional vertigo
If repeated ,she should go to check her inner ear and exclude panic disorder.

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju