What causes sudden fainting?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY I PSSSED OUT TODAY. I REMRMBER VERY LITTLE. I HAD WSLKED MY DOG COME IN
AND FELT ODD.I WAS FIXING MY HUSBSNDS BRESKFAST AND THEN FOUND MYSRLF ON THE FLOOR ON MY
REAR AND FEELING UNWELL. I WAS SURROUNDED WITH CEREAL AND BOWL
EVERYWHERE.I FINALLY GOT UP. MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS TAKEN SND IT WAS 90 OVER over 60. Normal blood singer.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Drop in blood pressure might be the cause

Detailed Answer:

Such episodes are generally caused by low blood pressure, low blood sugar level, dehydration, stroke or seizures etc.in your case it seems low blood pressure might be the cause.Diastolic of 60 is lower than normal.

Also get your blood sugar levels checked.

Maintain record of blood pressure over a period and get a clinical evaluation done.Doctor will get investigations done to determine the cause and plan treatment to prevent such episodes in future.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad