• question-icon

What causes sudden fainting and loss of energy after consuming sweet?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: my wife had acol sweat and lost her energy. she felt s going to faint . all this took place while she was sitting pu in bed doing a cross word puzzle
yours truly
XXXX.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pls give her something sweet to chew on; pls take time to answer my ques

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I have a few questions to better find the cause for her fainting spell, but before that I would like to request you to please give her something to eat like a chocolate, or anything she can chew on that can provide her with some sugar.

Please do take time out and with patience ask your wife the following:

1. How long had it been since her last meal?
2. Has she been sleeping well off late? When was the last time she slept (prior to the fainting spell)? And for how long was that?
3. From her last meal, could you mention how much she ate of each item?
4. How long were the gaps between her last few meals?
5. Is she on any kind of a diet?
6. Any medications she is on?
7. Is she diagnosed with any chronic conditions (e.g. diabetes, hypertension, etc.)? Or any other conditions (e.g. anaemia)?
8. Please ask her to rate her level of stress on a scale from 0 to 5; 0 being absolutely stress-free and 5 being stress levels over the roof.

I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further sir.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 45 hours later
gave her sweets but did not help. she will be seeing her doctors april 4 th
thank you
abe weitzman
Brief Answer:
Sorry to hear that, wish I had more information at hand

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

I am sorry to learn that the sweets did not help her, but if you could have answered my questions I could have come a little closer to finding the cause for her presentation, but I am sure you had your reasons for not being able to answer them.

But along with dietary causes, there also exist chronic conditions (e.g. hypertension, diabetes, etc.), and causes like anxiety, depression, panic, etc. So I do think it would best if she does visit a doctor, but I wanted to be able to help her until she got to her doctor.

I just hope she is eating well, sleeping well, she is relaxed so that she does not experience any anxiety, and also that she has a healthy cardiac and neurovascular system. Please do not hesitate to write to me sir, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan