What causes sudden extreme hoarseness of voice?
hoarseness of voice for evaluation.
Hi, thanks for your query.
Sudden hoarseness of voice , persisting for about a month, associated with gastritis, not reduced on stopping omeprazole., suggests that there is a laryngeal lesion/ lesion in vocal cords.
Voice box can be seen only by indirect laryngeal examination/ or by fibre optic laryngoscopy.
Infection of vocal cords, edema of vocal cords, vocal cord nodules, vocal cord poylp , chronic gastritis, chronic infection of larynx, laryngeal cancer, any of these diseases cam cause hoarseness of voice.
I suggest you to consult a ent specialist, and get yourself examined.
It is not advisable to give any empirical treatment /over the counter drugs for this conditions, keeping in mind your age and medical history.
For your bladder sling wire felt in vagina, you can consult your gynecologist.
Continue other medications which your taking.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a hoarse cough
- Sudden hoarseness causes
- What causes a hoarse throat
- What could be the cause of hoarseness
- Voice hoarseness causes
- What causes hoarse voice in pulmonary hypertension
- Earwax cause hoarse voice
- Causes of hoarse voice pregnancye
- Intermittent hoarse voice causes
- Hoarse voice causes for elderly
- What causes lump sensation in throat?
- What causes headache, lightheadedness, neck pain and spasms?
- What causes facial pain with a prickly feeling?
- What does "quantiferon is positive and infy levels 3.41 mg" mean?
- Suggest medicines for tonsillitis
- What causes tinitus?
- What causes ear pain?
- What causes Nose block, constant running nose and sneezing?
- Is it safe to take Iron,Nasal spray,Loratadine and Propepnol together?
- What causes itching in nostrils with temprature change?