Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What causes sudden electric shock feeling in the right temple?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
Hi I have electric feeling in head by right temple
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to many causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The sudden electric shock like feeling in the right temple can be due to nutritional deficiency,allergic reactions,excessive cold,exposure to chemicals,electrolyte imbalance etc. If you have been smoking heavily and regularly then it could also be a reason. Some measures: 1)Stop smoking (if any) completely for few days and observe for changes. 2)Avoid alcohol / sea food as it may trigger an allergic reaction. Prefer having home made food. 3)Apply petroleum jelly overnight. 4)Have a glass of orange juice or any mixed fruit so that if any electrolyte imbalance is corrected. 5)Avoid stress and relax your mind. If the symptoms persist even after 5 days or worsen consider visiting a Physician for evaluation as a physical examination would be beneficial. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes sudden electric shock feeling in the right temple? 4 hours later
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor