What causes sudden dizziness?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: was at lunch started to feel faint once and than felt like i was really going to pass out ,it was in out door restaurant and it was warm
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

I passed carefully through your concern and would explain that your recent symptomatology may be explained by related to post-prandial hypotension or other possible causes (low fasting glucose, cardiac arrhythmia, etc.).

For this reason, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate for the possible causes:

- a chest X ray study
- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound
- fasting glucose
- glucose tolerance test
- complete blood count for anemia
- a Head Up Tilt test for orthostatic hypotension.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri