What causes sudden dizziness?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Morn, I have been feeling giddy several times a day, when i eirther lay down or get up. For a few seconds my head spins and then I am fine. want to know what should i do?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
POTS

Detailed Answer:

This sounds to be postural Orthostatic Tachycardia. Please do not worry about this. You can get your BP and pulse tested and also Hemoglobin.

If everything is fine, you should meet a ENT doctor for inner ear evaluation. There are medicines to reduce the symptom the ENT doctor can prescribe you Betahistine kind of medicines after evaluation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli