What causes sudden dizziness in a child?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: my three years old daughter goes unconscious for about 10 minutes.it happens 3rd time in last 1 year.
general symptoms -

1. It happens while sleeping only.
2. body becomes cold.
3. no movement observed and body becomes very tight
4.after 5-10 mins,she vomits and becomes normal.

her activity is normal during all days.
we consulted our doctor nd she prescribed some multivitamins but now I am much worried.which specialist should I consult.
what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See a neuropediatrician for a possible EEG!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that your daughter has suffered from. I have reviewed these symptoms fully and they are not typical of any well documented disease condition. I am more of the fact that this might be a transient observation that doesn’t require intensive evaluation. However, i can tell you are worried and i will rather want to make sure you have all the answers that are needed to reassure you that nothing is going wrong and put your mindset to rest. To do this, I will suggest that you see a neuropediatrician. He should study the wave forms of the brain of your daughter using a test called EEG. The results would be so informative and will guide us towards making the right call and treatment decisions.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, let me know what comes out of the visits with a neuropediatrician and do share the results of the EEG with me.