What causes sudden dizziness, hot flashes, sweating and eye pain?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I was at work putting something on a high shelf. Suddenly I got dizzy. Had to hold on to something to keep from falling down. Dizzyness lasted about 5 minutes. Afterwards I had a "hot flash" and was sweating. Thought this was due to low blood surger (I am not diabetic). I sat down for about 5 minnutes and had some coffee with surger in it. Then I noticed a mild ache behind my eyes. Also when I stood up my legs felt slightly rubbery. I noticed that I was easily irritated by just about anything. Now (about 30 minutes later) the dizziness is gone but the eye ache is still there. I also felt a "pressure" (like when you are in an airplane but can't get your ears to pop)

This has happened in the past. About once a week for the last 3 weeks. but this time the symptoms were more severe and lasted longer.
I have had a mild headache for the last few days with ache behind the eyes. Can't tell if it is caused by tension or sinus pressure or migraine. I am sensitive to atmospheric changes due to weather.
Suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely migraine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Looks like a migraine headache to me.

It is necessary to get evaluated by a Neurologist about it.

Also get evaluated about blood pressure changes.

You can take Tab Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily after food for next 2-3 days for example, to ease the symptoms.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee