What causes sudden dizziness and sweating?
Needs management, Evaluate heart perfusion first
Thank you for asking!
At the age of 70 with the episode of dizziness and sweating my first suspicion and priority would be to sort out cardiac profile with an EKG and echo. As perfusion issues are most likely cause of sudden vertigo in such age groups. Once ruled out then vestibular functions assessment and complete inner ear assessment would be next.followed by assessment of central cause of dizziness like migraine. Simple electrolytes abnormalities due to climate change can cause that too.
Nut shell, get to ER have an EKG and echo, if that is clear then the imminent danger is ruled out, then later elective management of the cause of this dizziness can be sorted out.
I hope it helps.take good care and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden dizziness sweating and clammy
- What could cause a sudden dizzy feeling
- Causes of sudden dizziness and vomiting
- What could be the cause of sudden dizziness
- Sudden dizziness nausea and sweating
- What causes a sudden dizzy spell
- Sudden dizziness and nausea causes
- Sudden dizziness and vomiting sweating
- Sudden dizziness causes
- Sudden dizziness causes vertin