What causes sudden difficulty in breathing?

Posted on Tue, 24 Jan 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have been through ct scans, pulmonary function test, no longer have asthma, I have had stress tests, xrays and ultrasounds. People think I am panicking but I know the difference. I have labored breathing even at rest. I have seen a pulmonologist, pm&r doctor. I go to pulmonary rehab. I see PT. She noticed I am weaker on my right side and my upper chest doesnt move well while breathing. I am looking for answers but dont know where to turn. When walking I have to rest.
I also take synthroid, rozerem and clonazepan. I also exercise 30 minutes 3x per week and one hour 2x per week through rehab. Ivakso do PT exercises to open up myblungs. I had a recent thyroid testvwhich was normal and a fasting glucose.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Physical therapy and morning walk should help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It is possible that the improper chest movements have left a portion of your lungs unutilized even though it is otherwise functioning well. This has possibly created a ventilation (gaseous exchange) perfusion (blood supply) mismatch wherein the portions of lung have low air flow and therefore the blood circulating through those regions are poorly oxygenated (as gaseous exchange in those regions is poor).

Proper physical therapy and breathing techniques is important. Regular morning walk is also important. Briskly walk till you get fatigued. Set that distance as a marker and walk the same distance for a week. Then increase it some more. You will be able to tolerate that. Set the new tolerance limit as the new marker and stick to it for another week. Then increase it again. Keep doing that and the body would be in a better position as physiological conditioning of the heart occurs.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha