What causes sudden bruises on buttocks and upper thighs?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: What would cause bruising on buttocks and upper thigh? I had a CBC with diff less than three weeks ago and all was normal.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Coagulation abnormalities.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear, Welcome,
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

You have bruises on buttock and upper thigh. It can be due to some coagulation abnormalities or trauma or some other disease.

Please provide me some further information in this regard-
Do you have fever?
Do you have this kind of bruise in past?
Do you have any history of trauma?
Do you have any history of bleeding tenancy?
Any other medical condition?

Please provide me detail history, coagulation profile reports(if done already) so that I can help you further.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further queries/doubts then feel free to ask me.
I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using Health Care Magic.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 29 minutes later
No fever
No bruising like this in the past
No history of trauma or bleeding disorder
No medical conditions/concerns; I am perfectly fine other than the bruising

I have an alcohol and ibuprofen in addition to a sunburn in that area over the last couple of days (on vacation!)

Will try to attach the CBC report.I attached the CBC w/diff report from July and also one from February of this year which included a lipid panel and comp metabolic of panel. I also had a full CT scan and no liver problems.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your reports are normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

Your all reports of complete blood count, liver function test, renal function test, electrolytes, sugar, lipid profile are normal. So it doesn't seems to be serious cause.
You don't have past history or family history.

So it can be due nutrients deficiency.

Vitamin K, vitamin C, Iron or Zink deficiency can leads to such types of bruise.

You should take proper diet like milk, seeds, banana, citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables etc.

Mostly it will disappear by itself. If you found further bruises then you should go for complete coagulation profile once.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 26 minutes later
Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
If you have any questions in future then feel free to ask me.
Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Please rate the answer and close the conversation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar