• question-icon

What causes sudden and temporary blurriness in the vision?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I am a 38 year old female and was just sitting and I had sudden vision blurriest that lasted about 30 seconds and then it went away no other symptoms. I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago and again about 3 months before that. I check my sugar and it's ok and I just don't know what it could be.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Investigation required.

Detailed Answer:
My desr,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There are many possibilities which are to be kept in mind. As your sugarr level is normal, BP is also to be monitored.
Similar picture also occurs in case of migraine. There visual blurring ,lasts longer and is followed by severe headache for 6 to 8 hours. Usually there is a family history of migraine. Do you have such headaches?

Besides the migraine, such transient blurring have to have a vascular basis.You also have to have a complete eye checkup to rule out any eye problem as well as fundus examination.
You also have to have lifestyle management, proper diet,exercise and rest.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 32 minutes later
Blood pressure is also normal, i di have preddure in my head and a stuffy nose
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be drug induced

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.

There is always a possibility of such episodes being drug induced only if the previous two episodes were accompanied by similar drug exposure.
In our practice we proceed in a methodical manner by going in for step by step investigation and exclude possibilities. I will recommend the same here.

Until we are able to find the cause, the treatment remains the same - that is proper diet,exercise and rest.

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist