What causes sudden and severe headache, stomach pain, nose tingling and chest pain?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: My otherwise very normal and healthy daughter got a sudden severe headache today. I had her drink some water in case she was dehydrated with all the heat. It was followed by extreme stomach ache. She had skipped breakfast so had a piece of fruit. Which seemed to make it worse. She laid down and I massaged her head. That helped and she asked for a piece of toast. Then she said she couldn't feel her finger on the R hand, then the whole hand, then her nose started tingling. That went away with some shaking but then she got a very sharp pain in her chest which only lasted less than a minute. She is 13 and resting now.
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please Visit ER at once She requires immediate CT Scan of Brain

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Your daughter has the following symptoms
1. Sensory Loss of Right Hand Finger
2. Sensory Loss of Right Hand
3. Tingling of Nose
4. Sudden Severe Headache
5. Less than a minute Sharp pain in Chest

Symptoms 1 to 4 Suggest Raised Pressure inside the Skull due to Some Problems or TIA.She requires immediate CT Scan of Brain and Hospital Observation

Sharp Pain in Chest requires ECG or ECHO

Please Visit ER at once

It is possible that these symptoms are harmless and will go away, but we cannot take risk. It is always better to do a CT Scan Brain and ECG to make sure that there is no problem in the brain

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T