What causes submaxillary enlarged lymph node post Thrive withdrawal?
Both of us just stopped taking a lifestyle supplement called Thrive (which has natural caffeine and other stimulants in it) because I had many customers with elevated BP, asthma attacks, and other issues. He's thinking it has something to do with stopping it. He had massive headaches on and off for one week and that's when lymph node began to grow. Headaches have stopped. Please help. We are going to the Dr. this week.
It is unlikely due to stopping Thrive, lymph nodes require detailed tests
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Lymph nodes are components of the immune system. Many disease conditions in the body triggers lymph node enlargement. The head and neck region contains a large number of lymph nodes which are usually small. When there is any inflammation then the lymph nodes enlarge in size in order to prepare the immune system to fight disease.
2. I do a lot of ultrasound scans of the neck every day to look for lymph nodes and in most cases it is from infection. Some times a patient might be unaware of other enlarged lymph nodes if it is hidden in the subcutaneous fat. Since your husband is having more than one lymph node, therefore it will help to do a neck ultrasound to correctly know the number and size of lymph nodes in the neck exactly.
3. Lymph nodes in the neck from common infections like cold or a dental infection are usually slightly painful and appear and resolve quickly over days to weeks.
4. A persisting lymph node in the neck which is slowly growing in size and another one showing up recently and that is painless is a concern and requires detailed evaluation. It is unlikely due to stopping Thrive supplement.
5. It is good to know that you are visiting his doctor later in the week. Please discuss the appearance and growth of the bigger lymph node in detail with his doctor clearly mentioning that it is painless with another one coming up recently, both in the left jaw region. The headache also needs to be discussed. Any fever or weight loss in recent months requires to be informed to his doctor.
6. Clinical examination is necessary and his doctor might recommend ultrasound scan and FNAC tests and routine blood examination to know the exact cause of enlarged lymph nodes.
7. Confirmation of diagnosis is required to suggest treatment.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever with skin rash and enlarged lymph node
- What is the treatment for enlarged lymph nodes
- Caffune causes enlarged lymph nodes
- Mastoiditis cause enlarged lymph nodes
- What causes enlarged lymph node behind the ear
- Costochondritis cause enlarged lymph nodes
- Enlarged lymph node causes
- Dvt caused enlarged lymph node
- Ambien withdrawal enlarged lymph node
- Can teething cause enlarged lymph nodes