What causes stuttering when diagnosed with depression?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: MY SON HAS STARTED STUTTERING HIS LEFT LEG IS ALWAYS SHAKING, AND HE IS VERY DEPRESSED
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
further information is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for asking at HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns for your son.

It is important to provide more information about your son's issues such if the stuttering and leg shaking started after antidepressants use or before starting them.

If there was an evaluation with imaging studies of the brain such as MRI, the name of the drugs he's on currently please name them too so that I can guide you more specifically.

Please also let me know the reason why your son got tested for hyperlipidemia, and if there was any past history of seizures.

Awaiting.....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee