What causes stuffy nose along with ear pain and coughing of green phlegm?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Yes.please I started to feel stuffy,runny nose and slight cough on Monday......no fever....then my ears started to hurt and around my eyes.When I cough I expel clear fluid but when I blow my nose light green.I took aspirin,rubbed with Vicks and drink plenty of liquids.had a little chill at one point.....now only symptoms that remain is the hacky cough a little wheeze sometime .Whatis it and when will it go away??
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care. sequelae of rhinitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. You had simple allergic rhinitis followed by airways involvement that is causing the cough and wheeze. Age of 70 is making the recovery slower. If there is fever then you may need an antibiotic otherwise , supportive care with cough suppressants, supportive care with fluids, humidifiers, prevention of allergens, wearing a mask, reduced out going in XXXXXXX and dusk times etc.

Take some anti histamines as well like benadryl and continue home remedies. Green herbal tea mixed with honey along with other warm comforting beverages will help as well.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan