What causes stuffy head and soreness in the neck?

Dr. Rahul Tawde

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: stuffy head stuffy ears sore neck no energy feel weak very tired been 2 weeks what's wrong with me
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on Healthcaremagic.
The stuffy nose and stuffy ears definitely point towards viral infection.
Do you have any headaches and are the headaches worse on bending forward?
If so you are having sinusitis and sore throat due to the post nasal drip which occurs in sinusitis.
I would recommend the following steam inhalation thrice a day for 10 days. Drink plenty of water like 2 litres per day if there is no other medical contraindication.

You could also use nasal decongestant which are available over the counter and please start a multivitamin supplement also.
Tab Sinarest which is pseudoephidrine, acetaminophen and chlorpheniramine combination could also help clear the blocked passage.
Once the infection resolves the fatigue will also ease out.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Tawde 26 minutes later
it does not hurt to lean forward and headaches mild.... the stuffy nose part ha gone away I feel like my head is stuffed with her cotton...sore neck and back.....no energy ...feel over all unwell and tired
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, this is post viral or chronic fatigue syndrome usually occurs post viral infection.
I would recommend you to hydrate yourself adequately, again as I said over the counter multivitamins also will help.
Try physiotherapy and graded muscle strengthening excercises to improve the compliance and decrease fatigue .
You could also try trigger point release usually there will be multiple trigger points in the neck and back when released the pain will decrease.
Hope this helps