What causes strong smelling urine?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Its been at 3 week that my urine smell very strong and very yellow to brown, I had 15 Years ago kidney stones
pain in the lower abdominal constipated. Fell anxiety I'm epileptic.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your urine examined.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you might be having Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).

I would suggest that you should get your urine examined for Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Sensitivity. Also get an Ultrasound of KUB region along with Kidney Function Test (KFT) and Complete Blood Count (CBC).

You should continue drinking lots of water daily.
Further medical management can be planned according to the reports of the investigations.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further queries, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.