What causes strong foul-smelling odor around the C-section incision scar?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 7 Nov 2015 in Lump
Question: I noticed an odor a few days ago around my C- Section incision scar and tonight I felt pain and looked at it and it is VERY RED and irritated. on 50% of the scar. I cleaned it and tried the above meds but am wondering what else to do.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get ultrasound scan of the scar tissue.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Your symptoms are suggested of infection of scar tissue.
You should consult a Gynecologist and get your ultrasound scan done of scar tissue.
You should take antibiotics after consulting your treating doctor.
Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.