What causes strong fishy odor in urine?
What could be causing this?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although you are complaining of strong fishy odour from your urine but it can happen with infections of vagina also. Sometimes it becomes difficult to distinguish the smell originating from urine or vagina.
The cause of strong smell in urine can be because of concentrated urine caused by lack of drinking water or dehydration. The smell can also be because of urinary tract infection and such chances are more because of your age and being diabetic.
Another reason could be passing of proteins in urine which generally happens in cases where kidneys get affected because of long standing uncontrolled diabetes.
Vaginal infections can also result in fishy smell .
I would advise you to consult your doctor and get your urine examined in addition to blood investigations for your diabetes and kidney status.
In addition get a gynaecological examination also done to rule out any vaginal infection.
I would advise you to drink plenty of water and control your blood sugar levels properly.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fish oil causing fishy urine odor
- Does chantix cause strong odor in urine
- What causes urine to smell fishy
- Does potassium cause strong urine odor
- What causes fishy odor around penis and while urinating
- What causes odor in urine
- Can vyvanse cause strong urine odor
- Macrobid cause strong urine odor
- What causes strong odor of urine in infants
- What causes urine to have a strong odor