• question-icon

What causes strong aversion to urine odor after intercourse?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi my spouse accuses me of having poor hygene
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What exactly is she not happy about your hygiene?

Detailed Answer:

What exactly is she not happy about? This will enable me to review and guide with medical evidence on whether its is appropriate or not. If it is not, I will make recommendations on how to address this. Also, is this a recent remark from her and is this related to some recent changes that you might have made?

Picking the nose is something that many will not appreciate. This is same with not taking a bath daily. If these are some of her concerns, you may start by improving on them. When persons live together, they must strive to do things that are pleasing to both.

Let me hear from you before making further remarks and guidance on what could be done to improve on this and ease the tension between you both.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 minutes later
She does not get specific apart from suggesting I should take more showers, I don't smell although I leak when making it to the toilet during the night- she is very sensitive to pee smell and has extreme sensitivity to urine smell. I make some attempt to minimize my leakage but I do not see it as a health hazard. I am doing more kegel exercises to strengthen my pelvic floor.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Am happy to hear this!

Detailed Answer:

Because you get to leak, daily showers at minimum is recommended. Washing dresses that contain urine from leakage has to be every 2-3days. The unfortunate thing is that you get used to the odor and no longer realize it is bothersome because your olfactory organs get accustomed to. This is not same for your spouse and friends.

While odor is not a health hazard, it is causing strain in the home. Strive to keep your home in a very good shape.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 33 hours later
agreed thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stay connnected!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for having afforded me the opportunity to weigh in on this. I will appreciate future updates on how you are doing with these adjustments and the response of your wife.

To obtain direct answers from me in future, kindly used this link: http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=65971

I hope to hear from you when need arises.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah