What causes stroke?

Posted on Fri, 8 May 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am experiencing a slight tingling on my face and/or a slight numbness for a couple of days now. I have had this symptom in the past but not for this long period of time.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Meet a neurologist urgently

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of an impeding stroke.
I seriously suggest that you meet a neurologist and get tested for MRI Brain with angiography.
The other causes like neuropathy are possible. but they can be treated. Disability of a stroke is long lasting. It's best to rule it out.
so please do meet the neurology department urgently.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist