What causes strings of Merina IUD hanging out of the vagina?
CONTACT DOCTOR, DEVICE MAY GET EXPELLED.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
This means that the Mirena device has migrated downwards.
It happens in some cases, particularly if you recently had a period or some vigorous sex, and uterine contractions were stimulated, thereby expelling the device downwards.
Contact your healthcare provider, and have it re inserted upwards as this way, it might get totally expelled anytime without your becoming aware of it.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
STRAINING COULD HAVE CAUSED IT.
Yes, straining at bowel movement too could have caused it.
Just have a visit and get it fixed at its place.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in vagina
- Merina iud sore nipples
- Foul odor from vagina have mirena iud vaginal discharge causes
- What causes vagina lips to hang low
- What causes vagina flaps to hang lower
- Can merina cause pyelonephritis
- Black brown bleeding with merina iud
- Does the merina coil cause bloating
- Is severe bloating caused due to merina iud
- What causes lumps in vagina