What causes stress fracture?
Very rarely but yes , stress fracture can be due to the surgery.
Welcome to Health Care Magic. Thank you for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.
The possible sites of stress fracture of tibia are-
- the proximal 1/3 rd of the tibia
- anterior tension type.
Coming to your query about the 10 day wait.
You see, radiographs have a sensitivity of 15-35% for detecting stress fractures on initial examinations, increasing to 30-70% at follow up due to more overt bone reaction.
When stress fracture is suspected, plain radiography should be obtained initially and, if negative, may be repeated after two to three weeks for greater accuracy.
Hence the 10 day wait.
If an urgent diagnosis is needed, a bone scan or magnetic resonance imaging should be considered.
I would suggest you to
- start activity modification like using nonweight-bearing crutches if needed for pain relief.
- I would start tablet Aceclofenac along with tablet ranitidine to relieve pain
- pneumatic bracing can be used to facilitate healing.
Do not worry.
Keep in touch with your orthopaedician. He/she can examine you and guide on the further management.
Hope this helps.
Write back to us.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Multiple stress fractures causes
- Vitamin d and stress fractures
- Metatarsal stress fracture
- Symptoms of a stress fracture
- Stress fracture causes
- Stress fracture from crossfit
- Stress fracture of hand symptoms
- What causes multiple stress fractures in a 14 year old
- Can stress fractures cause pitting edema
- Does stress fracture cause swelling
- What causes a cold watery feeling in the chest?
- What causes erection of penis while waking up in children?
- Suggest treatment for frontalis bone swelling and PCOS
- Suggest remedy for inability to reach climax during masturbation
- What causes iron deficiency anemia?
- Suggest treatment for lesion in buttocks and red nodules all over the body
- What causes pressure in chest area after having Imitrex for migraine?
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for mild hypertension
- Is laser treatment a permanent solution for hair removal on...