question-icon

What causes strange pulsations in left eyelid?

Posted on Mon, 2 Mar 2015
Question: I have a small pulsating in my left eyelid. I am concerned because when I use an electronic blood pressure cuff my BP is running high (141/98) I had the school nurse take it a couple days ago with the cuff and stethoscope and got 122/73. I have small arms and she feels that the electronic on can not as accurately give me a reading
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
some investigations are needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Anxiety and/or electrolyte disturbance can cause twitches in the eyelids. In addition to serum electrolytes, ECG should also be done.
Mercury blood pressure instruments are the best to record the readings.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist