Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What causes strange altered sensation on one side of my body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 947 Questions
What could be making one side of my body feel weird ? Could anxiety cause this? My right cheek, right arm, and right leg have strange altered sensation that comes and goes. It often gets worse when i focus on it but it disappears completely especially if im busy. I saw a neurologist who told me my neuro assessment is normal. I had a brain mri that showed no abnormality except for a small pineal cyst. MRI was also of cervical spine and was normal. All lab studies are normal. I do have a history of anxiety and panic disorder. Could it be psychological even if its only one sided ? What else could this be ? Help !
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 3 days later
Brief Answer: Yes, it is most likely due to anxeity Detailed Answer: Hello & welcome to HCM! I have read they query and it say that you have weird feeling in only one half of your body ( right side ) , it is not continuous but comes and goes; reduces significantly when you are busy. All lab tests and Neuro examination are normal. from my clinical experince I can say that it is due to anxiety because: 1. all neurological examination are normal. 2. it goes when you are busy 3. increases when you concertante 4. you have a prior history of anxiety So, if you are off treatment, please meet your doctor and start your medicine. Hope this helps you Please feel free to ask more questions for clarifications Dr. Manisha Gopal MD Psychiatry
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor