Owl Image

What causes stomachache, nausea and headaches?

Owl Image
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Question
I have been sick to my stomache for a wek every time I eat I feel sick stomache hurts and want to throwup now I also have had headaches for last week to . today I notice shaking really bad and yesterday chest pains. might go to doctors tomorrow
Thu, 18 Jan 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be Gastroenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted all the history and understood your concerns.
One week is a long time to have pain in abdomen and now shaking. You also have a feeling to throw up and headache too.
The most probable cause is gastroenteritis.
Hence I would advise you to the following:
Insist for stool and blood tests as it helps whether there is any intestinal infection and if present needs a proper antibiotic cover with symptomatic treatment for pains, headache and nausea.
With the medical history and current medications, you need to be bit extra careful and watch for any other symptoms like blood in stool, black stools and so on.
Till then you can have plenty of oral fluids, take rest and electrolyte solutions if you are feeling tired.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please give feedback after your visit with a Doctor and details about the reports and advise.

Follow-up: What causes stomachache, nausea and headaches? 3 hours later
thank you I will follow up with you later ok

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.