What causes stomachache in children?
could be gastritis or worm infestation
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
He seems to be having either gastritis or worm infestation. But a better diagnosis can be made after knowing details about the pain (severity, exact location, any associated symptoms like vomiting etc). Thus if you can provide details about the symptoms and any reports (if you have) I will be better able to help.
For now I would advice that you get him dewormed and if he still continues to have pain then start him on antacid. But for the prescription you need to see your local doctor.
He may also need ultrasound abdomen if the symptoms do not resolve. I would suggest that you get him examined by a doctor.
Hope i have been helpful.
Dr. Ashish Verma
get an ultrasound and deworm him
Pain at the belly button right after food goes more in favor of gastritis but worm infestation still cant be ruled out.
So its advisiable to deworm him first and start him on antacuds like pantaprazole or omeprazole twice a day on empty stomach.
If there is no relief, get an ultrasound of his abdomen to rule out any bladder stones and screen the entire abdomen for any other conditions. And get him examined by a physician.
Dr. Ashish Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes wrinkled hands in children
- What are the causes of epilepsy in children
- What causes hepatomegaly in children
- What causes yellow poo in children
- What causes fever in children
- What causes diarrhea in children
- What causes amoeba in children
- What is cause of frequent stomachaches
- What causes a big belly in children
- What causes boils on children